Sunday, October 10, 2010

Scaredy Cat

Right about now, I am wishing I had a cat. Not just any cat but a cat with a fetish for mice! This time of the year, the mice seem to congregate in my kitchen pantry eating everything they can get their little mouths on. I have invested in tins and plastic containers to store dry food such as noodles, popcorn and dry soup. Not to be deterred, the little darlings have started munching the labels on the cans -- how much nutrition is there in a piece of paper, apparently a lot. I hate doing it but I set several mousetraps since I do not want my home infested with several generations of these creatures.  Unfortunately, within minutes of setting the traps, one was caught but not DOA. Instead, it just cried. I cried too.  I wish I could speak to the king or queen of mice and negotiate a deal wherein I would provide them three squares a day if they would live across the street.

13 comments:

  1. Great card Tammy. Don't rely on a cat! Mine used run away from mice but catch frogs and let them go in the house! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you...my cat caught two mice the other day...I think just to play with! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad, I know my mother has problems with mice and when I am home have to set traps and it does break my heart but they can not stay. Love your card today ;) have a great week, and sending you {hugs}..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Tammy! Love all that orange and black.
    Know what you mean about the mice. It's not a pretty situation, but we also have the same problem. Uck.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, mice are horrid arent they!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your scaredy cat! Mine would be no good at catching mice. She might bat it around but thats probably it. Hope they leave your pantry soon. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice layout!

    I hope your mice leave soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two cats - the gentle one catches mice and brings them to me! The ornery cat won't touch 'em!
    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry about the mice....you would think they would want to find a big old corn field to graze in!!! Maybe a cat would do the trick!! I love your super cute Halloween card...great papers and I love the black cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card and the DP! I feel your pain about the mice, but I don't cry when they're dead. *grin*

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun dots on this delightful Halloween card!! Great work, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card!

    I haven't had the misfortune to have mice in the house yet...and hope I don't. They're cute and all, but they kind of freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tammy this is hilarious! I too have had a run in with the Southern in-laws to your rodent tribe.

    http://bonibleauxdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/mouse-turds.html

    and here:

    http://bonibleauxdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/02/here-mousy-mousy-mousyfunny-story.html

    Keep the smiles coming! You are hoot to read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!