Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Hero

Today begins the new inspiration challenge at Dude Time Doodles. Besides having pretty colors to pick from it also has the theme, "Heroes". You definitely want to visit the Dudettes' for amazing inspiration and creativity!


Before you continue on, let me tell you about MY HERO. According to the dictionary, a hero is admired or idealized for courage and that is the definition that reflects my feelings forf my dear friend who is undauntedly fighting a war with ovarian cancer that threatens her life. I love her dearly, she's My Hero as well as a mother, grandmother, champion of champions, friend to all and so much more.


I used the Breast Cancer Awareness Girl from Bonibleaux Designs and instead of coloring it pink, I used teal, the color of ribbon that signifies ovarian cancer and coincidently, September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month.  Sadly, until cancer is conquered the roll of colored ribbons listed below will continue to grow. 


Yellow - Bladder cancer 
Grey - Brain cancer 
Pink - Breast cancer 
White - Cervical cancer 
Gold - Childhood cancers 
Dark blue - Colon cancer 
Burgundy & Ivory - Head & Neck cancer 
Lavender - General Cancer 
Kelly Green - Kidney 
Orange - Leukemia 
Clear - Lung 
Lime Green - Lymphoma 
Black - Melanoma 
Burgundy - Multiple Myeloma 
Teal - Ovarian 
Purple - Pancreatic cancer 
Blue - Prostate cancer 
Light Yellow - Sarcoma/Bone 
Peach - Uterine cancer

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Tammy, I like the colour, it really stands out.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Tammy! Didn't realize about the list of ribbon colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to all of those who have suffered with Cancer! TFS!!! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great embellishment ribbon! super fun card to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible card, Tammy. You know it's dear to my heart. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just LOVE that fun ribbon medallion!! Great creation hun!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the medallion/badge on this wonderful card Tammy! Awesome.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - and thank you for posting what all the color ribbons mean...I wasn't aware of some of them.

    We all know/have known someone dealing with cancer. It's a terrible disease.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Tammy! WTG your friend for winning the fight!
    Thanks for the ribbons list! How thoughtful of you!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the challenge! Love your coloring of BCA Girl and thanks for giving the colors of ribbon for each cause! You are a wealth of information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your wishes Tammy. I wanted to come see if you had a card I could admire and her is one cool hero card. Love the blues of course. Love how you added your sentiment on this cool die.

    :)Peggyxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Tammy for sharing the ribbon colours significance. I do hope that your friend has a good outcome. It is lovely that she is your hero.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Tammy, your friend is very lucky to have you! I wasn't aware of how many ribbon colors there were, thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is fabulous, Tammy, and perfect for you dear friend!! I know she will love it...you are such a good friend!!! Thanks for the list of ribbon colors, too...I had no idea that each cancer had it's own ribbon color!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!