Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall leaves

I do love to play and for today's card, instead of ink I played with bleach and stamped leaves on Emerald Green cardstock. Once the bleach changed the color of the cardstock, I colored the leaves with chalk and mounted it onto Canyon Brown Skinny Columns cardstock then added Copper Mica/Metallic for a little contrast. I tied a piece of yarn I found at a yard sale several years ago to finish the card. All of the cardstock is available at PaperTemptress


Yesterday I had to do a few errands that took me to the mall. As I'm walking along I see a machine that said 75 MPH Hurricane. Curious I took a closer look and learned that for just $2.00, you can stand inside a tube and feel 75 MPH wind. No one was around that I could ask, why would I??

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous leafs Tammy, it looks really effective, I must try bleaching,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Tammy! Another one of those techniques that I still haven't tried.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this great technique and need to try it. A beautiful card Tammy.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bleached leaves are gorgeous. Hadn't thought of chalking up the image after bleaching. One more thing to add to my long list of things I want to try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is so stunning Tammy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first saw your card, I thought you had used some yummy designer paper and then I read that you used bleach and chalk....shear genius, Tammy!!!!! This is gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh yes, pretty card!

    And you know me. I would have totally plunked the $2 in the machine and stood in there, just for kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors on your beautiful bleached leaves!! What a wonderful autumn design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!