Monday, February 21, 2011

I've got dots


My poor goldfish, George, has a terrible fin condition, sunshine makes him break out in hives. To protect himself he swims around his bowl carrying his umbrella. Of course, the other goldfish think he looks ridiculous. In an effort to help George's self esteem, I colored  Vain Attempt by Brain Lock of Squigglefly, and now he is proudly displayed on my little fish's nightstand. The idea worked because all the other fish in the bowl want their own umbrella and a picture for their nightstands.


This week's Squigglefly Challenge, is being led by Vicki's group and the emphasis is to use/add something that starts with the letter "d" not including a digi image. I used lots of dots.  Decorative paper, dew drops, doily,  and deco paint are a few "d''s for you to consider using. You can use any image to play along, but to be eligible for the prize you must use a Squigglefly image. Head on over to the shop, or check out their freebies! If you're the winner you get to choose any Squigglefly image (including sets) as your prize! 

14 comments:

  1. What fun! I love the embossed backbround and how the yellow piece looks like a ray of sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable. LOVE the little story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought of writing a book? You're tales are awesome! Love the card too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN card! Love all the bright papers and the "bubbles" are perfect.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Tammy!! I just ADORE this card!! The colors are so bright and vibrant!! LOVE the image with your colorful card and the dots!!! Thanks so much for joining along in the fun with us today hun!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and the story is hilarious!!!!
    Graeat post Tammy... And the card is really colorful and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. George is going to give all the other fish umbrella envy! He is adorable Tammy! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome background for this cute fish and his umbrella!! Sensational card, Tammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love the way you did the different colors of card stock triangles for the background. Cute bubbles too! Loved your little story about George.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I love the way you have pieced together the three embossed colours for your background. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stories always crack me up! Love the card...and the bright colors. the bubbles are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww, George is just tooo cute, Tammy!!! I love the bright, happy colors you used and your coloring is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Presidents’ Pets Day - the day after Presidents' Day, as I like to call it. See my cheeky blog for a good ol' howl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!