Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy First Day of February

We have one month of 2011 under our belts and I'm still writing "2010",  it usually takes until March, sometimes April before I get it correct. February has three holidays in the United States, Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day and Presidents Day. The most important of the holidays is tomorrow, Groundhog Day. Huge preparations have been happening for this momentous event as to whether Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow or not. I am telling you now, if that groundhog sees his shadow, meaning we will have six more weeks of winter, I am personally leading the throng to shoot the critter.

Today's card is one of the stamps from Unity Stamp Company, Ippity "Straight from the Heart" set that I received from  Christy, my fellow stamping friend, after leaving a comment on her blog during the Operation Write Home's Veteran's Day Blog Hop and my name was randomly chosen. How sweet is that! If you have never been to Christy's blog, you are missing out on absolutely gorgeous cards.  And once again, thank you Christy!

15 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful Tammy but I am puzzled. Do you get a holiday as in day off work for Groundhog Day?
    What do you do? Is it the same for Presidents day? As in President of the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Tammy. Love this tree with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card...gosh, I hope we don't get six more weeks of winter! We are due to get 20 more inches of snow over the next couple of days and I'm running out of places to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great simple and sweet card! Such cute love birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be right behind you with my 22 Tammy!!! I got your back girl!
    Fabulous card! Love this image against the background. Beautiful coloring. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Tammy! And what a cute image too. Love that embossing folder (or did you do that all yourself!!!!) Great card.
    I think if Mr. Groundhog stuck his nose out today, he'd just freeze it off! Burr....
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love this stamp! Great job coloring! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful prize. Love your card. What embossing folder is that (or did you use a scoring pad)? Really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Tammy! I have this stamp and really enjoy it. I should pull it out and use it again. I like the colors you combined on this card, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally cute card. Umm I could NEVER see you hurting even a hair on any animal...but I get your point. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I love all the hearts!

    Jenn
    www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com
    www.partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Tammy! Love that image, too! How cute!!!

    May I follow you out to Punxsutawney if that rodent misbehaves? I'd like to drop kick it first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This is just gorgeous Tammy!! I love your colors, the hearts and that embossed background is awesome!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh,...this is the sweetest! what a great color scheme. (what did you use for that texture??) And I secretly want to collect blue birds. Not blue jays...blue birds. Like "blue bird of happiness." But I don't think any one gets it. haha. I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tammy - this is just beautiful! I love the image - and that background is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!