Friday, April 16, 2010

In Memory

Today, I was one of almost three hundred people who attended the funeral of someone that I hold in the highest esteem, Carl Wass, Esquire. Carl was an attorney at the law firm where I worked and I was his secretary. Carl personified honesty, generosity, and integrity. He was devoted to his family, his church and his friends. Carl had planned to retire in January of this year but God had other plans for him. In December he was hanging Christmas lights at his home and his ladder collapsed causing an injury to his brain from which he never recovered. Our community has lost a giant of a man but the affirmation that what the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly, is a reminder that although no longer part of this world, he now walks in Heaven with our Lord. Rest in peace dear wonderful man.

4 comments:

  1. Tammy, so sorry about your friend. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy I am so sorry to hear that. I have lost both my boss and engineer this year and I was devastated, I was close to them both.
    This butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad...your butterfly is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!