Monday, February 7, 2011

Gothic

Gothic THS - Frame 4
Gothic L - Frame 6
If I told you "five pens widths for ascenders and  two additional pens width for descenders" would you know that I was describing how to make the heavy, ornate lettering, known Gothic, created in the 4th century for the purpose of translating the Christian Bible? Thanks to the talents of Chesney Young of Squigglefly, you need not equip yourself with a slide rule to determine how many pen widths you should be using to form a Gothic letter. Squigglefly's new releases contained nine styles of the alphabet and a set of twenty frames.





This week Squigglefly's Challenge is to use circles and is being hosted by Vicki's team. Visit both teams so you can see the various alphabets and frames available.  I'll be back tomorrow with more Gothic. 

12 comments:

  1. Both are so regal looking...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh Tammy, I really love how that embossed one looks! The gold ribbon on the sides really frames it nicely! The other card is a great CAS design. Wonderful job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lettering....so very gothic!

    Jenn
    www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER!! Tammy, these are so stunning!! I love the embossing with your images!! This is so elegant looking!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I just might need to check these out at squiggle fly. I love fonts, oh and frames and of course the graphics too!
    Love what you did Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh...you did those digis justice! Beautifully done! Both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...Now this is an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting trivia Tammy. The card is so striking with the black and white

    ReplyDelete
  9. You scared me for a minute...thought there was going to be a quiz! I don't test well. LOL Beautiful cards Tammy! Very elegant. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!