Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

My mother died shortly after her 90th birthday but I made this card with her in mind. Mom was a florist for over 40 years and she taught me many gardening rules in an attempt to remove the curse of the black thumb from my hand.  She firmly believed it was necessary to talk to plants to encourage them to grow.  Mom taught me to always say “now grow damn it” to newly planted flowers.

Mom loved pansies and she addressed each one as “sweet little monkey face”.  Today, in her memory, I share with you a cute little girl (not me, probably my cousin) surrounded by sweet little monkey faces.

To mothers everywhere, have a wonderful Mother's Day.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about you mother...your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable, wonderful image and wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful - the card and the story about your mom. And yes, I ALWAYS talk to my plants!! I thought everyone did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, what a wonderful tribute to your mother. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom loves pansies and would love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this one, very appropiate for my great Aunt Monnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful! . What a great story about your mother - and a great memory!
    Hope you had a great Mother's Day too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!