Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Or until recess

Valentine's Day was a huge day in elementary school filled with sugary treats and the arrival of Valentines in the  personalized mailboxes we each made. The boys in class could have cared less and I'm sure if it wasn't for their mothers, no Valentines would have been delivered. The girls, now that was different. Receiving a Valentine in our mailbox from a boy before the designated date signaled to the world undying love and devotion that would surely last until we were old (about 23 was considered old), but in reality, lasted until the next recess.  Naturally, this would cause jealously to run rampart, or at least until the next recess when the recipient was dumped and the girls would form an alliance and forever hold a grudge against the perpetrator of such an offense, or at least until the next recess when we were all friends once again, or at least until the next recess when another dastardly deed was committed and the whole cycle began again. Geez, elementary school was truly exhausting.

14 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Now Valentines Day was not really big here but being dumped by recess , broken hearts and all the angst most certainly were.

    When my students used to say they were going with someone - I used to say "That's terrific where are you going?"
    I always had a giggle at the flouncing and eye rolling that followed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image. I love what you guys do with these images...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to dig deep into the recesses of my brain to remember what happened at school on Valentine's Day.....your version of events sounds much more exciting then what I recall Tammy. Great Card and I love the incorporation of Blue into this design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Tammy. I just love these images that you do. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh fun and gorgeous and so creative
    have a beautiful and bright day
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SOOOO cute. Yep, I remember those days, and you're right. Thank God for mothers or there wouldn't have been any Valentines from the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card Tammy! So glad I am not in school anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW!! Tammy, this is so so precious!! I love the added hearts to your layout!! Fab coloring!!HUGs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your adorable Valentine Tammy! I remember getting those sweet Valentines in school. I would always make a special one just for "the boy of the week". Lol ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Tammy! That image is just adorable too. Great Valentine's Day card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Cute! Love the color combo!

    Jenn
    www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card, and your story rings so true! LOL. Still happens to some "adults" I know. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy did you hit the nail on the old elementry head....I think Valentines Day was the best school party ever and if you wanted to be cool, you got a swing at recess!! I love this sweet Valentine with the tectured hearts and that adorable image....tooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hilarious story line AGAIN! I remember those days of angst over if the boy you were crushing on would leave you a Valentine and even though he did, and gave the same one to all the girls you just KNEW that this one was more specialer than all the rest LOL UBER sweet card - LOVE the embossed and distressed hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!